The 6 Top Questions to Consider Before Buying a Trampoline
Are you looking to add family fun and fitness to your own backyard? A trampoline is the perfect solution! However, choosing the right trampoline for your family can be difficult. With so many different brands, shapes, and sizes available, the decision can quickly become overwhelming. But don’t worry, we’ve made this easy for you and answered the top six questions you should consider before buying a trampoline.
1. What size trampoline will fit my backyard?
The first thing to consider is how much space you have in your backyard for your trampoline. If you have a large backyard, you have more flexibility with size and shape. But if your yard is smaller, you’ll want to make sure to measure the available space before making a purchase. Trampolines can range from mini trick/exercise tramps to larger round or rectangular performance trampolines. To find the best space, we recommend:
- 3 to 6 feet of clearance space around the perimeter
- 24 feet of overhead clearance
- Ensure there are no branches or roof overhangs near the top of the trampoline
2. What type of surface can I put my trampoline on?
Your trampoline must be installed on a flat, level surface. Even ground creates a stable base and the safest environment for jumping. Grass and soil are ideal surfaces as they will absorb the forces that are transmitted through the frame of the trampoline, prolonging the life of structural components. It’s also important to make sure the area under the trampoline is clear to avoid injury to jumpers.
3. Who will be jumping on the trampoline?
Is the trampoline for the whole family, kids and friends, or only one person? This is an excellent question to ask yourself since most trampolines come with a maximum user weight limit. This weight limit prevents jumpers from bottoming out (hitting the ground) while bouncing so it's important to shop accordingly. If you don't want to worry about maximum weight limits, check out Beast Trampolines, they have no weight limit and are built for the whole family.
4. What safety features are most important?
When it comes to trampolines, safety is typically the number one concern for all parents. Getting it right the first time will give you the peace of mind that your kids can have fun outdoors without getting injured. Safety features we recommend looking for are:
- Safety Enclosures: This 360 degree net enclosure will prevent jumpers from needlessly falling off the tramp. However, not all safety net enclosures are created equal so do your due diligence when researching. The Beast Premium safety enclosures are among the strongest and safest on the market.
- Heavy-duty frame construction: There are many designs available when it comes to trampoline frames. A heavy-duty, galvanized steel constructed frame is essential for longevity and safety. Remember it needs to withstand years of bouncing and high flying fun.
- Durable Mat: We’ve all seen the videos of people falling thru a split mat, right? Ensure the mat is made of strong and durable material that can withstand weather and anything the kids can throw at it.
- Trampoline Pads: The pads protect the jumper from getting injured on the springs of the trampoline. The quality and fit of the pads are the most important aspects to consider. High quality padding will be softer, thicker and stay in place when the trampoline is in use.
- Trampoline Anchors: A good anchoring system protects your home, neighbors and everyone around from flying trampolines during high winds and extreme weather.
5. How much help will I need to install the trampoline?
One thing people often forget to consider is how difficult it may be to install the trampoline once purchased. Some trampolines can be challenging and require 4-6 people to put together. Look for high-quality trampolines with simple assembly instructions, that only require 2 people to put together. Trust us, it will make your life easier, and you’ll be jumping on the trampoline all afternoon instead of sweating over it!
6. Why do your neighbors choose Beast Trampolines?
As America's most durable trampoline, Beast offers the best bounce on the block. With no single user weight limits, to exceeding all recommended safety standards, Beast Trampolines tick all the boxes above, making it the ideal trampoline for your family's backyard. Built for all ages and skill levels, Beast guarantees their four-season mat, heavy-duty frame and high-performance springs will have your family flying high and having fun in no time!